French Immersion at Holy Cross School
Holy Cross Elementary School is pleased to offer French Immersion to students from Kindergarten to Grade 6. Please read the information below to learn a little more about French Immersion at Holy Cross and in all Lakeland Catholic Schools.
Lakeland Catholic Schools has over 30 years of high quality programming experience in French Immersion.
French Immersion is a program of studies in which French is the language of instruction for a significant portion of the day. The program is designed specifically for English speaking children and their English-speaking parents. The Objective of the program is full mastery of the English language, functional fluency in French, as well we an understanding and appreciation of the French culture.
Top Reasons to Join French Immersion in Lakeland Catholic:
- Highly skilled and experienced staff who are current in their professional practice.
- A variety of student opportunities to practice French through classroom learning, field trips, and technology.
- Cutting edge technology to support and enhance student progress.
- French Immersion students graduate with excellent language skills in both English and French.
- Catholic, Christian environment supported by school wide moral intelligence programs.
- Opportunity to experience French traditions, and culture in a variety of settings.
- Opportunities for travel to French-speaking provinces or countries.